Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I would like to get into pharmaceutical sales. Do you have any advice for getting into the business?

I am 31 years old and have 10 years sales experience. I do not have a degree, but I have recently returned to school to complete the final year of my Bachelors. Is it possible to become employed in Pharma sales without a degree? If so, how do I go about my search?I would like to get into pharmaceutical sales. Do you have any advice for getting into the business?
Are you a gorgeous female? If not, you can forget it. I saw on TV a few months ago on how pharmaceutical companies hire former Miss America winners/contestants and the like to sell for them so they can go into Dr.'s offices and flirt with them.I would like to get into pharmaceutical sales. Do you have any advice for getting into the business?
A college degree is not required for pharamaceutical sales, unless things have changed recently. A good sales track record and reliability will be your strongest points. Look up the main companies and contact each of them.
apply to the companies and tell them that you are completeing your degree and see if they will hire you. I know most would like a bachelors degree, but yuo can still apply you have quite a bit of sales years so they might give you a chance and hey you might get some tuitio reimbursment with that as well.





http://www.sanofi-aventis-job.com/live/c鈥?/a>





try here!
It is possible (but very unlikely) to get a job in pharma sales without a degree.


Referals from pharma sales reps are your best chance.
Well, I have a number of friends who were in pharmaceutical sales. It is a very stressful job, lots of travel. They all eventually quit and did something else. It was good training though.





One thing I think will be helpful is to take a look at the trend. There is a wellness revolution going on. The new opportunity is in wellness not in the sickness industry. People are getting fed up with the high cost of pharmaceutical drugs and the fact that there are so many side effects. You seem to be fairly young, if you are researching into your career options, I would recommend taking a look at a couple interesting books by Paul Zane Pilzer, the Wellness Revolution. There is a lot of opportunity in this emerging trend for sales people.





I am a Chemical Engineer by training, and have a couple of my own business. I think it is critically important to look at the trends moving forward, not just what has happened in the past only. Feel free to email me.





Yun http://thewellnessrevolution.paulzanepilzer.com/index.php
Contact a good drug rep. they will lead the way,, oh yes great money, perks, bonus's and tieing up the doctors time.
Nope, you need your 4 year degree
some suggestions for getting into that line of work.


very very competitive and lucrative job. you will need an edge.





here it is: 1.)be attractive; 2.) don't be unattractive; 3.) try hard to be good looking





it also helps if you remove any vestiges of your soul.





also, be careful if you get the job, because they have developed a pretty good pharmaceutical sales rep. spray to keep you out of doctors offices and other places where people are actually trying to get things done.





good luck amigo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment