Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where can I find a site or advice to put together a business plan?

I'm looking to attempt to find independent financing/investors/??? for a business training horses - something I have experience doing. I'm at a point I really need to get a place of my own and not rely on subleasing - which means needing to focus on getting money to buy land and a basic operation setup. A bank loan is out of the question. I need to put together a strong business plan - and am finding it difficult to find step by step advice online. I'd greatly appreciate constructive input or links, advice etc from a business standpoint to get this off the ground. There will be a branch to other things besides just training.I'm not asking for $$ - but how to put together a business plan and trying to give enough information about what I'm doing to tailor the view to *that*. It's not like a mega company or store - business principles similar but there's much different.Where can I find a site or advice to put together a business plan?
Hi Jan,





I understand what you mean when you say you havent had much success putting the information together from online sources. Many online companies want you to pay $39 for a must have ebook that will put millions in your pocket..while at the same time, they are parying that someone will come along to buy the $39 ebook so they can eat!





Good information is FREE and its available anywhere you live! While most libraries have old info, dont discredit them. Go there, look for simple business books - not marketing, not how to get loans... start from the very beginning. You are at step #1 - you have an idea. #2 - you have experience (training horses)





Ask questions. Is there a need for someone that trains horses in your area? What seperates you from others in this area? Do you need more training? Are you financially prepared to go 5 years with no income from this business venture?





Contact the Small Business Administration in your area (http://www.sba.gov/financing/) Most every city (and small town) offers classes on how to start a business, create a business plan, etc. I have family members that went through the SBA and they ';graduated'; when they created a business plan and presented it to others in the class. In addition, when they graduated the local SBA put their names, contact info, url on the site that showed they had been through some formal training. For Free!





I have been self employed 7 years now and finally not having to sweat so much! I could have made things much easier had I slowed down and educated myself on what it takes to be the boss, the worker bee, the gopher, the .. you get the picture! I did not take the slow route. I jumped in with both feet and can tell you from personal experience, that 90% of the work is preparation.





Contact your local libraries, community colleges, and even the chamber of commerce in your area. Surely, there is real help out there for you to begin your new business - for free!





Good luck!Where can I find a site or advice to put together a business plan?
check out sites for free business plan samples
Try Angelfire.com
The SBA Field offices have some FREE business planning books. go to sba.gov to find your nearest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment