Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Need serious advice about a new concept in business鈥?

I live in India and I am working for a company which provides online tuitions to students of USA.





Company is planning to start Online Teaching of Indian dishes/recipes. In this new concept, people will book sessions in advance. Best of the Chefs will teach them practically by using Skype and Web Camera (Audio+Video).





I want your opinion. Do you think people will pay to learn Indian Dishes? During my trips in various countries I have noticed that so many people love Indian Food (curries etc.) but will they like to pay to learn it?





Serious replies please鈥︹€?Need serious advice about a new concept in business鈥?
In the USA we have a LOT of cooking shows for free. In addition, there is the Food Network, which is cooking shows 24 hours a day.





Since so much is available for free, I think it would be difficult to find enough people willing to pay that would make it worth your time.Need serious advice about a new concept in business鈥?
i dont think so but who knows,you can but try
Most people will find skype and webcam hard to set up in their kitchen and a barrier to learning how to cook a dish.
Indian food is very popular in So. California. I think people would like to learn how to cook the dishes. My feeling/opinion - people would rather have hands-on training, rather than video lessons. Perhaps you could market/sell Indian cooking lessons for the computer, i.e. software program? I wish you success.
I am sorry but probably no.
honestly.....i LOVE to cook, sometimes gourmet. i cannot picture myself paying to watch a video cooking lesson. anyone that is an avid cook would not pay to go to cooking class as hey already know what they need to know about cooking and the ';dishes'; could be searched for on the Internet for free. I don't see the video aspect of your concept taking off as a fresh and customer catching idea. that and the fact that Indian food is mildly popular in restaurants and hasn't really caught on in the ';cooking world';
I probably wouldn't pay for a class because there is so much good info available free on the web. Sorry! Interesting theory though.

No comments:

Post a Comment