Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am getting ready to start the insurance business after a year of thinking. any advice on how to succeed?

I am starting NY life in a few weeks however I am nervous how this will effect my income. I ve been in the sales industry for a while and it doesnt seem too bad. I am just worry about how to get clients and such. I ve never had a commission only job and a little scared. NY life however give out bonuses if I can write 6 life cases a month. Is that a possible thing for a newbie?I am getting ready to start the insurance business after a year of thinking. any advice on how to succeed?
Sure it is, but you'll be making maybe 500 phone calls a week to get those six policies a month.





It's brutally hard, and it's 80 hour weeks.I am getting ready to start the insurance business after a year of thinking. any advice on how to succeed?
First, if this is the thing you want to do and which makes you happy - go for it. You will find the path and the clients, if you have your knowledge of insurance and you are focusing on the product or the needs that the client wants. You will get your referrals.





Initially, it takes time, but all the senior people also started as juniors.


Stay focused, learn the art of persuasion. Books by Brain Tracy will help.


All the best.
All you have to do is: build a network of people, without it you won't succeed, have a positive attitude, and learn how to sell.


I have never done sales in my life, but using common sense, this is all I could come up with.


Be persistent, if you have no spare job, and this is all you are doing, give it 110 percent.


Good luck.
Once you exhaust your circle of family and friends it is going to be very difficult to write any policies. Most go to senior agents.





You will be doing a lot of dailing for dollars. Find another job this place will use you up and spit you out. You most likely will never make that bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment