Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice for an american who wants to move to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and start a small business?

My business partner and I are planning to move to Puerto Vallarta and open a small bookstore/wine/coffee shop. Have just started researching laws about foreingers moving to Mexico to start a business. Looking for advice about opening a business in Mexico and any thoughts on Vallarta. Thanks!Advice for an american who wants to move to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and start a small business?
Hola! I just moved back down here to start a business my self. I am working on the first stages of it at this point.


I am also Mexican by birth so I don't have to deal with that part of it. However I know that you can arrive as a tourist here and solicit your FM-3 once you are here. FM-3 it is a type of working permit issued by the immigration office.


I may be able to help with contact names and places to get answers to your questions: mexkimo@yahoo.com





They would let you also open a business that will generate work for Mexicans.Advice for an american who wants to move to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and start a small business?
The main point is in starting a business is that you can do something that a Mexican person cannot do. I own an English school in mexico, i was permitted to open it because i can speak and teach english better than a Mexican. If I wanted to open a store or something like that, I would not be permitted to so. You have to think of something you can do that a mexican cannot.
First you'll have to get visas in Mexico that will allow you to work there. It's not the same as the visa that you automatically get when you visit. See your nearest Mexican consulate for information on that.
Maybe you can search for existing business for sale there.





Here are a few web sites:





www.loopnet.com


www.mergernetwork.com
Puerto Vallarta is a nice place, but very tourist-oriented, from what I remember, so I'd definitely cater to more of an American and Americanized crowd.
  • cosmetic products
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment