Sunday, August 22, 2010

Business advice for a 13 year old?

I am looking to start a business in making and selling knit and crochet wear! :) I don't know where to start really, and I need some help finding out about laws, work permits, and business permits (I live in California.) I'm planning on selling pre-made scarves, providing yarn selection (out of the yarns I own) and then making scarves for friends and people in the community, and allowing customers to bring in their yarn and have me do the craft work. However, I am not looking to open a store, do online selling (only online advertising), or to self-employ for money. I want to sell my crafts because I love knitting and crocheting, and I think I could make some money off of it.


thanks for any help :)Business advice for a 13 year old?
You should be able to sell your crafts to friends and neighbors without involving the bureaucracy .


( until you have to make so many that you start hiring people ,


At the point you start hiring , the ball game will change !)


Since you are not selling anything that would be a health hazard ,


Go ahead with your knitting and selling .





Hope you are most successful .





%26gt;Business advice for a 13 year old?
you don't need any permits or anything else. just offer your services to friends. no one is gonna put you in jail.
I think going to craft sales/shows would be really good for you! I wish you the best of luck!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment