Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where can I get a business mentor that is willing to give me free advice?

I tried going to a local business consultant company and they wanted to charge me $25,000.00 a year. I just can't afford that. That's why I am trying to start my own business. I also went to the local score, but they weren't much help either. How can I find a good network of people without having to pay for such connections?Where can I get a business mentor that is willing to give me free advice?
Go to score.org and in the upper left hand corner, enter your zip code. On the next screen, you will find the SCORE chapter nearest you. Call them and arrange for a free meeting with a SCORE counselor.





SCORE ';Counselors to America's Small Business'; is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).





SCORE was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Herndon, VA and Washington, DC and has 389 chapters throughout the United States and its territories, with 11,500 volunteers nationwide. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate time and expertise as business counselors. SCORE is America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs.


Where can I get a business mentor that is willing to give me free advice?
Not to be crass in anyway but those are parts of your business and just as you will NOT be giving your services away the people who give such advice to you will not give their services away.





What kind of advice do you need, financial, a plan for the busines, someone to hold your hand every step of the way (please do not be insulted these are valid questions)?





Have you consulted with your local Small Business Association?





I wish you nothing but the very best of luck.
I was going to say email me until...you said it was about marketing. That's my weak point too. However, email me if there's anything I can do to help.





Most business owners are happy to help out the little guy and not charge. Most of us got help along the way ourselves.





My business: www.spazzstick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment